business information needs studies?

Avi Rappoport avirr at LanMinds.Com
Sun Feb 21 15:28:46 EST 1999

Hi folks,

I'm helping some folks set up a site for small and medium-sized
businesses, and want to expand their thoughts on the kinds of
information that these groups need.  They are currently focussed on
company names/stock codes and SIC codes.

I strongly suspect that there are also more general needs like "what
are the implications of requiring my employees to wear uniforms?" and
"Where can I get a good price on a printer-fax-copier machine?" but I
don't have the evidence.  So I'm looking for some business library
studies -- any pointers?  I'll also take unpublished and anecdotal
evidence ;-).

Thanks,

Avi