[WEB4LIB] CGI SCRIPTS

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Feb 19 09:50:12 EST 1999

Probably the most EASY solution is to just use a regular form and set
enctype to "text/plain" and input type to "text" as shown here:

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:user at myschool.edu"
enctype="text/plain">Today's Date [mm/dd/yy]&#160;<INPUT type="text"
name="REQUEST FOR LIBRARY INSTRUCTION Date of Request: " size=8>

This will email user at myschool.edu the results of the form in a nice
plain text format without all the %a or whatever the usual syntax is in
a form result.

Another alternative would be java applets or scripts, and I suspect you
can probably find links to several java sites from the WEB4LIB web
pages.

Thomas