ProQuest Direct & Acrobat windows

Patti Brommelsiek pbrommel at bc.cc.ca.us
Tue Feb 9 18:56:50 EST 1999

We have recently subscribed to ProQuest Direct and I am frustrated with the
way PQD 'captures' Acrobat windows in Netscape 4. I would like to have the
pdf files open in a separate Acrobat window, rather than within the PQD
frameset. Now you must scroll sideways and down in order to read the screen
-- a bug, not a feature, I'd say. I  emailed their technical support last
week but have not received a response thus far.

I know that when I construct a webpage, I can set the hyperlink properties
to capture any windows opened from that page (or not capture them). Does
anyone know if this is possible with PQD?

Thanks for the advice.

Patti Brommelsiek
Reference Librarian
Grace Van Dyke Bird Library