[WEB4LIB] URL maintenance in WebPAC (Innopac)

Lisa Roberts robertsl at libraryserver.lib.csus.edu
Tue Feb 9 13:29:42 EST 1999

> Date:          Tue, 9 Feb 1999 13:07:13 -0800 (PST)
> From:          "Kevin W. Bishop" <bishopk at rpi.edu>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
> Subject:       [WEB4LIB] URL maintenance in WebPAC (Innopac)

We are in the early stages of this process.  I am currently exploring
the use of OCLC's PURL's.  I have created a file of records with
URL's in the 856 field. I check the url from our Innopac Webpac and
then create a PURL for the active URL.  I will then, periodically run
the PURL validator from the PURL home page.  The service is free.

I will be looking into the alternative of using a link checker, but
this will require us to periodically create lists, convert them to an
HTML file and run them through a purchased link checker.

It seems to me that there was an III enhancement available for link
checking, but I don't know the details.