Password protection and Win95 & Public Access Counting for Internet Stations

David Borchardt davidb at cstone.net
Tue Feb 9 11:18:51 EST 1999

Please forgive yet another post, but several of the current topics are the basis on which we developed Public Access Manager (PAM).  Most prominent are concerns with Windows '95/'98 security and PC activity reporting.

Public Access Manager is a policy-based system management program developed for schools and libraries that have a need to enforce standardized user and system PC environments.  PAM has a variety of features that may be easily enabled at the discretion of IT managers including:

        a.. Set/remove custom system polices on two categories of user  (Patron/Staff)
        b.. Apply session time and printing limits (optionally charge for either)
        c.. User/System Activity Log report
        d.. Run supported applications directly from browser (Intranet included)
        e.. Add support for new applications in minutes
        f.. URL restriction mode
        g.. Quick network setup
        h.. Auto end-of-day PC shutdown feature
        i.. Easily create student/patron/staff logon database using existing ID numbers
        j.. Control number of logons allowed over 24 hour period
Anyone interested in additional information or a free 30-Day Trial Evaluation is welcome to contact me.

Best Regards,

David C. Borchardt, Library Division
INVORTEX Technologies, Inc.
(800) 295-0860