Linkbot and Wisebot

Sutherland, Paul Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz
Tue Feb 16 18:33:15 EST 1999

I have been using Linkbt for over a year and I thinks its way cool.

As each new beta is released it has more useful features...

As well as all the link checking features it also reports on documents
without titles, and non existence of alt tags...

it works with sites that require NT challange and response authentication as
well as proxies that need username/password...

Ands its fast.

Like all products its flakey, and often produces "false" errors with
external sites due to the transient nature of the internet...

And their new product MetaBot has great potential (even supports Dublin Core
metatags), http://www.tetranetsoftware.com/

/paul