[WEB4LIB] Re: Linkbot and Wisebot

Karen Harker KHARKE at mednet.swmed.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:00:03 EST 1999

We have started using LinkBot this year.  While I am not usually on the management end of our site, I did get a copy for development of products, including link databases (it's great for that), as well as a research project I am conducting.

I have used it to check sections of our site out.  The reports are frames and run quite well in either browser.  I have not used it to create a map for the site yet, but I would like to know how this is done.  We really need one for our site.

Karen R. Harker
Web Developer
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75235-9049
http://www.swmed.edu/home_pages/library/

>>> Bobbie McDonnell <bmcdonnell at andover.edu> 2/16/99 2:50:26 PM >>>
Have any of you used Linkbot to manage and maintain your websites or do you
know of anything similar?  A preview of it impressed us for its ability to
check for bad links and map out the site, but we need to know how reliable
it is before putting it on our pcs.  It's limited to Windows 95 machines
and likes IE best, but is supposed to work with Netscape.
 Thanks,
    Bobbie McDonnell

bmcdonnell at andover.edu
Oliver Wendell Holmes Library