public library consortia

Beverley Shirley bshirley at tsl.state.tx.us
Tue Feb 16 13:16:31 EST 1999

While my answers to Rebecca's question are "no" and "no" with regards to
Texas public libraries, I feel that I must add that all Texas public
libraries are qualified and invited to be part of our statewide
consorium.  Not all of them have registered, however.

Currently the Texas State Library and Archives Commission provides
registered Texas public and state governmental agency libraries free
access to

Over 70 databases through the First Search interface (including ABI
Inform, Ebsco Masterfile, Periodical Abstracts full text, Books in
Print, World Cat, Articles First, Wilson Select, Health Reference
Center)
Britannica Online
Electric Library
Archives USA

We expect to add databases to the offering this year.

The total full text journal count is over 2,270  titles, but this figure
does not take into account the duplicate titles indexed by different
databases.

Beverley Shirley
Networked Information Coordinator
Texas State Library and Archives
bshirley at tsl.state.tx.us           http://link.tsl.state.tx.us
VOICE   (512) 463-5433            FAX  (512) 936-2306