[WEB4LIB] [LONG] A Note on Internet Search Engines and Metadata

and at dtv.dk and at dtv.dk
Mon Feb 1 06:55:30 EST 1999

Terry.Kuny at xist.com said:
> There are no search engines that specifically exploit  the advantages
> of structured search using any metadata scheme.

Well, we have a regional search-engine (NWI) here in Scandinavia that in fact
do this.
Its far away from US and not trying to cover the entire WEB but it does handle
metadata.
It collects DC metadata (and for the most instances map found meta-tags into
DC)
and do provide a structured metadata search interface.
http://nwi.dtv.dk/MD/

The search engine metadata facilities is beeing developed in connection with
the Nordic Metadata Project.

Regards
Anders

--
Anders Ardo
Technical Knowledge Center      and     Lund University Library, NetLab
E-mail: and at dtv.dk                      Anders.Ardo at lub.lu.se