[WEB4LIB] Converting from Word or WordPerfect to HTML

Judy Myers jm at UH.EDU
Fri Feb 12 10:49:07 EST 1999

The best I've found is Arachnophilia, an HTML editor that is a free
download -- sorry, I don't remember where I found it. I tried several
(mostly the free or shareware ones), including HTML Assistant and HTML
Tool, and Arachnophilia converted more formatting than anything else. It
put in some unnecessary duplicative <font> tags, but the files worked as
converted.

It may be that for some word processors it is necessary to save the file in
RTF (from within the word processor -- RTF will preserve the fonts and
attributes such as underline), before feeding it to the HTML
editor/conversion program, but Arachnophilia reads a lot of word processsor
native formats as well.

Sincerely,