Excite & IIS4 expertise solicited

bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us
Tue Feb 2 15:42:44 EST 1999

I've had to change from O'Reilly's WebSite Pro to MS IIS 4.0 for our
Intranet.

On the prior server we ran the excite search engine with no
problems.  Under IIS 4 however, I can't seem to make it index
anything.

Excite parses all the files in the requested directories, but when it
gets to the end it chokes with an error message  "No such file or
directory".

I've set the permissions per excite's instructions - I've even tried
making my IIS user an admin, thinking it didn't have authority
create a directory for the indexes.  To no avail.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Bobb Menk, Internet Librarian, Lane Memorial Library
Hampton, NH 03842  603-926-3368
bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us