[WEB4LIB] Re: Library affiliation with Barnes & Noble an

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Thu Feb 4 14:52:45 EST 1999

Ok, Ok, as several people have pointed out to me in private email, this is
indeed the case for you rural folks.

You are excused.

My big city bias is showing.

I'll shut up so you all can go back on topic.

Chuck0

Subject: [WEB4LIB] Re: Library affiliation with Barnes & Noble and Am
Author:  Lonnie Beene <lbeene at ntcc.cc.tx.us> at Internet
Date:    2/4/99 10:40 AM

CMUNSON wrote:

> That's too bad. Why are you trying to help Amazon.com put small
> bookstores
> out of business? Did you ever think about the fact that if everybody
> in the
> library world copied your actions, we'd have alot less diversity out
> there
> when it comes to bookstores?
>
> Boycott Amazon.com
>
> Chuck0

    WHAT small bookstores?  A lot of us live in rural areas and love to
read.  Except for Wal-Mart, there's no place to buy books out here.
That's fine if all you want is the latest John Grisham or Oprah's
selection of the month.  Some of us want something more.  For us,
Amazon.com is a godsend.

Lonnie Beene
Director, Learning Resource Center
Northeast Texas Community College