[WEB4LIB] Re: FP2000

Jennifer Heise jahb at lehigh.edu
Tue Dec 28 10:25:39 EST 1999

> Over twenty of my colleagues, both professional and paraprofessional, use
> it very successfully for both internal and public web pages.  I've trained
> them all, but most need little training for routine pages, graphics,
> layout, forms, and so forth.

Do you run a Frontpage MS Server? How do you train your staff not to go
straight for the bright shiny non-compliant stuff in FrontPage?

By the way, does anyone have an information on what, exactly, the
Internet-Explorer version Javascript error is that hangs up Netscape if
you don't let it fully load? Our external pages were outsourced to a
Internet-Explorer only web publisher, and though our contract specifies
Netscape compliant pages, we have this code error. The company blames
this on Netscape, of course, but that doesn't solve the problem!

> >Is it true that pages created with FP2000 will not
> >allow you to use any other web editor?
> Of course not.  Web pages are nothing but text files containing HTML
> tags.  I've used ColdFusion Studio, HomeSite, Adobe GoLive, Notepad, and
> other editors on web pages created in FP2K.

Note that older versions of Front Page produced pages that did not work
well in other editors, or on other servers than Microsoft's.

--
/   Jennifer Heise, Web Mgmnt, Lehigh Univ. Information Resources
\ \ Linderman Library, 30 Library Drive, Bethlehem PA 18015
  / Phone (610) 758-3072          Email: jahb at lehigh.edu

"Comment is free, but facts are on expenses." -- Tom Stoppard