[WEB4LIB] FP2000

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Dec 27 12:11:21 EST 1999

At 07:22 AM 12/27/99 -0800, A.G. Joseph wrote:
>I would like to hear from folks who use FP2000 to see how they like
>that editior.

Over twenty of my colleagues, both professional and paraprofessional, use
it very successfully for both internal and public web pages.  I've trained
them all, but most need little training for routine pages, graphics,
layout, forms, and so forth.

>Is it true that pages created with FP2000 will not
>allow you to use any other web editor?

Of course not.  Web pages are nothing but text files containing HTML
tags.  I've used ColdFusion Studio, HomeSite, Adobe GoLive, Notepad, and
other editors on web pages created in FP2K.

>It should be either FP2000
>or nothing, is that the way it is?

Well, if you standardize on one editor your life will undoubtedly be
simpler.  But that is true on word processors, spreadsheets, or other
programs, too.  We generally standardize to simplify communications and
training, but don't require it.

>I want to suggest FP2000 in our library to our Systems person.
>We still use FP97 and WordPad for editing and creating pages.
>It is okay, but FP97 cannot hold very large files, like our monthly
>acquisitions list.  WP is like any wordprocessing program.
>Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

I've never run into any file size limitations on FP2000, but can't
guarantee there aren't any.  FP2000 is much better than FP97 or 98, and
doesn't mess with code created in other programs.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165