[WEB4LIB] journals online

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Wed Dec 22 12:56:10 EST 1999

At 09:08 AM 12/22/99 -0800, Tami-Jo Eckley wrote:

>Are there any good solutions out there for extracting all the journals
>indexed from each subscription database?  Any Home Made Web Solutions? I
>am interested in hearing about how other libraries are solving this
>issue.  Thanks.

Check out gnujake at   http://jake.med.yale.edu   The concept looks like a
winner to me.

As to "extracting", I'm assuming so that you can have a "journals list" or
something similar to merge into your catalog or your own "journals list"
(in whatever format)?   Each of the providers I know of does have a list of
journals in full text on their service.  We provide links to those lists as
a convenience to our patrons.  For example, see
http://library.boisestate.edu/indexes.htm

happy holidays

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165