[WEB4LIB] Frontpage 2000 problem?

Eric (Eric Rogers) eric at kclibrary.org
Tue Dec 21 15:55:16 EST 1999

Our experience with FrontPage 98 has been quite good.  However, when we
upgraded to FP2000 our forms would no longer work.  Has anyone else seen
this problem?

	In what way do they not work?  Have you tried resetting the form
properties and resaving the pages?  Some of the form options are different
and you may have to reapply your settings for them to work.

Also, is FP2000's ability to upload to a website limited by version of
extensions on the server?  For example, if an IIS3.0 server had FP98
extensions, would that prevent FP2000 from publishing to it?

	You should be able to use any version combination of the FP client
and server extensions except the FrontPage 1.0 server extensions.  The only
difference is that if the client is newer than the FPSE any new features in
the client that require the FPSE will unavailable until the server is
upgraded.

	--
	Eric Rogers
	Internet Services Administrator, Kansas City Public Library