[WEB4LIB] Uploading graphics

Dennis Moser dennism at library.tmc.edu
Tue Dec 21 14:49:31 EST 1999

Initiallu, in IE4.+ only the bottom graphic rendered, with the ALT for the
top one. In Netscape Communicator, BOTH images loaded just
fine...additionally, IE would not display the source (Comm did.).

Now everything is showing up just fine.

As for using upper case, you can usually tell who's using a Microsoft
product for serving their pages since they announce that one should NEVER
use upper case in file names. Use what makes sense...just keep it
well-organized. The real problem (on almost ANY platform...can't think of
any right away to the contrary) is having SPACES in the file names. (I did
see some in your directory/path names in your code...)

I didn't see any problems with the file name extensions (as someone has
suggested).

The only suggestionI've seen (and you may have already corrected it) would
be if you had ftp'd the graphics as ASCII instead of binary.

It looks just fine now (in both browsers).

Dennis Moser, MILS, Web Librarian
John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center
Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library
1133 M. D. Anderson Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-2809
dennism at library.tmc.edu