Content Management Tools

Dennis Moser dennism at library.tmc.edu
Thu Dec 16 10:12:29 EST 1999

Has anyone tried using Frontier ( http://frontier.userland.com/ ) on a
library website? It is a cross-platform scripting/content management tool
that now has a fairly powerful editing environment called Manila. As they
say on their site, it "...is an integrated Internet content system built
around key features such as a high performance object database, outliner,
scripting, and a multi-threaded runtime."

By cross-platform, I mean Mac and Windows environment (they take advantage
of XML-RPC...a number UNIX/Linux users working with Zope are active within
the user population, so there is some understanding there). I've been
informally working with it over the past year and a half and was considering
some larger scale implementations when they released their Manila upgrade.

Just wondering...

Dennis Moser, MILS, Web Librarian
John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center
Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library
1133 M. D. Anderson Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-2809
dennism at library.tmc.edu