[WEB4LIB] Web design question

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Dec 14 15:39:09 EST 1999

At 10:12 AM 12/14/99 -0800, Andrew Mutch wrote:

>Still, I was curious if any libraries use a right-aligned navigation menu in
>their web sites.  Our current site design uses a left-aligned menu on the home
>page [without the colored bar] but it does make sense that a right-aligned
>menu would function better for visitors.

The colleagues who are working on it will probably kill me, but here is an
example of one that is VERY drafty and
incomplete.    http://library.boisestate.edu/tour/

At least it shows the right hand menu.   My main involvement was working
out how to do this in FrontPage2000, which only allows shared menus in the
top and left shared borders.   We're pretty happy with the menu, though may
come up with different and smaller buttons.  Also, the draft pages need
tons of cleaning up, resizing of images, completion of text, etc.  But, at
least you can see the right menu.

The left and right arrows aren't all linked yet.  The concept is that you
can follow the arrows through a logical tour sequence, but that you can
also pick the topic of your choice if you don't want to take the whole
tour, or if you want to jump around.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165