[WEB4LIB] "books on the floor" metaphore

Shirl Kennedy skenned1 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 07:48:32 EST 1999

I found this:

"Using the Internet today is like trying to use a library where all the
books have been dumped on the floor and the lights turned out. Everything's
there, but we need better flashlights (browsers), search time (bandwidth),
and room directions (directories) to find it."

A.J. Vendeland, in Review of The Software Publishers Association Europe
Conference, Conference Analysis June 28, 1996

Shirl Kennedy