[WEB4LIB] Disabling Netscape buttons

L. E. Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Wed Dec 1 15:41:28 EST 1999

Dear Mr. Mutch and Mr. Amen,
Thank you VERY much for your kind assistance.
I did NOT have the 'read only' function turned on, as the security
software had not been installed yet & I didn't know 'read only' was
required to make the fix work.
I had been using Mr. Mutch's very informative files, and once 'read
only' was engaged it worked fine for the Search button. I then put in
Mr. Amen's nifty fix for the My Netscape button, which now goes ONLY to
our databases! Hooray! It is still labeled My Netscape, but that's not a
major deal.
This is really slick! My only problem was paying attention to what I was
typing - I left out a quotes mark the first time, and Netscape won't
open if it's not typed exactly right. I can tell I need to work on my
proofreading skills.
Again, thank you very much. You both have saved my sysadmin & me some
major headaches.
Lynne

--
L.E. Puckett