[WEB4LIB] RE: Historian software

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Dec 10 15:24:43 EST 1999

At 08:37 AM 12/10/99 -0800, Jule' Ketcham wrote:
>  but
>Historian fell so far short in functionality that it was removed from our
>test computer and never installed on our other machines.

Yes, I'm pushing proxy servers again.  No, I don't own any part of any
companies that make them.  But running your secure workstations through a
proxy server will give you nice proxy logs that you can analyze with the
software of your choice.  You can learn what people are searching for,
where they're going on the web, etc, etc, etc.  There is much more data
available than you can ever deal with, though it is easy to come up with
the things you do care about.   You can run the proxy server on any old
networked box and no one will ever notice the difference.  Caching that it
does for you may even speed up some operations.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165