[WEB4LIB] IE 5/NT installation problem

P. Michael McCulley mcculley at best.com
Fri Dec 3 23:58:11 EST 1999

In a similar vein, but desktop stand-alone at work, I'm having troubles
running the NT4.0 with the AOL 5.0 Client. The system had IE4.0 on it, and I
upgraded to IE5.0 (thinking that would be more robust for AOL!), and
downloaded and installed AOL 5.0. The TCP/IP LAN connection works fine to
connect to AOL, and all AOL function are there -- except there's NO Web
access inside the client --no search, no URLs work inside the search window,
etc.

Stand-alone, both Communicator and IE 5.0 work fine --but not within the AOL
5.0 client. The AOL help staff said, unfortunately, NT isn't a supported
platform, so they can't help. Our helpdesk also has no experience with AOL
clients so that's a washout for help :).

If anyone's got a clue on this one, please drop me a note.

Best,
Michael McCulley
*speaking only for himself*
Email: mcculley at best.com

Quote of the Moment:
Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi

[snipped rest]