[WEB4LIB] UNIX to NT -- Ack! My PERL scripts!

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Sun Aug 29 19:01:22 EDT 1999

At 06:18 PM 8/27/99 -0700, Shirl Kennedy wrote:
>My Web site currently runs on a venerable old DEC Alpha machine.  I am
>being "upgraded" to NT and IIS this fall.  I am wondering what will become
>of my PERL scripts.  I know there is a Win32 version of PERL.  How much
>agony will be involved in converting the UNIX flavor to the Win32 flavor?

My best wishes.  Not regarding any of the platforms (though I run NT, but
NOT with IIS, which I consider an abomination).  But changes are always
rough.  When we were doing our authentication script the main thing we
missed was an 'rsh' and having to substitute a telnet session
instead.   I'm sure there are others.  The latest from www.activestate.com
(free Perl) is excellent.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165