digital camera recommendation?

Wes Edens edensw at t-bird.edu
Fri Aug 27 14:26:36 EDT 1999

I'm looking at Consumer Reports 11/98, which I fear is already too dated, for recommendations on a digital camera for our library.  We will be using this only for web/PowerPoint displays, so I don't think we need to go to the high resolution models.  I'm thinking about a Sanyo VPX-X300($500) or Ricoh RDC-300Z($450) but even these are a little more expensive than I want.  Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive digital camera that takes pictures suitable for putting on the web?
Thanks--

Wes Edens
Electronic Resources Librarian
The American Graduate School of Int'l Mgt.
15249 N. 59th Ave.
Glendale, AZ  85306
edensw at t-bird.edu
(602) 978-7897