[WEB4LIB] Kernel32.dll

John Hambleton, Academic Information Services Jhamblet at nmu.edu
Wed Aug 25 11:58:47 EDT 1999

I've run into this:
Shutting off "graphics card acceleration"
in Windows Control Panel/Display/Settings
worked for me.
Mr. H

At 06:53 AM 8/25/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>I have been trying to upgrade Netscape to 4.51 on our public internet
machines.
> I have done 2 so far and both result in an error when Netscape closes
down that
> says it produced a fault in Kernel32.dll.  Netscape seems to work well
enough,
> the error only comes up when you exit or close NS.  But the error is
unsettling
> and I would like to solve this before continuing to update the others.
>
>I've tried a complete uninstall &  reinstalling, getting a fresh copy of NS
> 4.51, turning off McAfee, turning off Fortres.  All the tricks in my
arsenal.

>Any advice?
>
>Thanks !
>
>Mary Platt, MS, MHP
>Assistant Librarian
>Coordinator of Electronic Reference Services
>Kennesaw State University
>1000 Chastain Road
>Kennesaw, GA  30144
>770-423-6197
>mplatt at kennesaw.edu

* John S. Hambleton                LMS      6.5.0 *
* Olson Library                    GTO      6.5.0 *
* Northern Michigan University     CICS     2.x   *
* Marquette, Michigan 49855        MVS/ESA  4.x   *
* Phone:  906-227-2741                            *
* E-mail: jhamblet at nmu.edu                        *