Tall image problem -- SOLUTION FOUND

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafvax.lafayette.edu
Mon Aug 23 11:15:55 EDT 1999

Thanks to all who suggested various possibilities re: the problem I
described with Netscape rendering tall images incorrectly.  I found the
solution at ATI's Web site.  (I know -- it probably should have been the
*first* place I looked, but...)

"When attempting to scroll web pages with large graphics in Netscape
Navigator/Communicator the image may
corrupt... ATI Technical Support has received reports from some customers
that the 4.11.6114 driver release helps to
 reduce or eliminate the occurrence of this issue...ATI Software
Engineering has been advised of the above issue and is still
investigating."  The updated driver worked for me (on 1 machine so far --
keep your fingers crossed).  See
<http://support.atitech.ca/infobase/3193.html>.

Bob Duncan

  Robert E. Duncan