[WEB4LIB] Tall image problem (Win98 and Netscape)

John C Harvey jharvey at irving.lib.tx.us
Mon Aug 23 10:22:02 EDT 1999

Bob Duncan wrote about the "tall image" problem encountered when running
Netscape on his new Gateway systems.

We have an almost identical setup--Gateway E-4200s with VX700 monitors, Win98,
Netscape 4.61--and I have noticed a similar problem, except that ours manifests
itself when a transparent gif is displayed.

Example: http:www.irving.lib.tx.us

I find that if I minimize the application, then restore, the affected image is
then displayed correctly... until the next time that page is loaded, anyway.

The same situation seems to occur on any page containing transparent gifs.

----(Imagine a fancy inline graphic here.)----

John C Harvey
jharvey at irving.lib.tx.us

"There must be more to life than having everything."
--Maurice Sendak

The views and opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect official
policies of the Irving Public Library or the City of Irving.

Contents under pressure