Services to wireless patrons?

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Aug 20 15:15:01 EDT 1999

Our college is a IBM Thinkpad University.  We will (as of the end of
business today) have over 700 students with IBM Thinkpads.  The campus is
fully wired (at 10 MB shared capacity) in the academic buildings with
internet cafes and lounges in several buildings around campus including the
library.  The dorms will be fully "wireless" by the end of the month with
access via a wireless Raytheon network card for each laptop(at 2MB shared
capacity).
Is anyone else doing this and what special library services are being
offered to such wireless users?

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
Past President, SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: drewwe at morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
SUNYLA: <http://www.albany.edu/library/sunyla/>
"It's All About Where You're Goin' -- SUNY Morrisville"