What to Do?

Jay Frantz jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Thu Aug 19 16:04:13 EDT 1999

I am the webmaster at a public library in Texas. THe assistant director
wanted to install a counter....so I installed it. It accesses the no. of
hits, etc. Now, there is a problem. It accesses a www.thecounter.com to
record the hit...
We have 16 MB of RAM and a 100 MHZ processor in each work station running
WIN 95. Don't laugh about the 16 MGs (it's true, I swear)! The problem is
when you access the main page it downloads the page 57% and stops (the
counter is on the main page). It is the same for all client computers w/
Internet access. I have tried giving it more space in the cache, but
nothiing works. We use Netscape Navigator 4.0.

Oh, yes..one other thing...we also have a Novell Network that is accessed
by each of these clients..

Does anyone have any idea why the page is not downloading completely. I
suspect it's because of the RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Jay H. Frantz,
Webmaster