[WEB4LIB] Re: Pixel sizes for web pages

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu Aug 19 02:05:20 EDT 1999

At 04:32 PM 8/18/99 -0700, Paul Taylor wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Barbara Brattin wrote:
>
> > We are developing a new and improved web site as a
> > team. Some team members believe very strongly that the pages should be
> > created to be viewed within the 800x600 pixel setting.

Three quick thoughts:
1. For those with vision problems, and for ease of use in demos to small
groups of users, 17 inch monitors are now standard on new systems, and can
be purchased for $195 brand new.
2. Remember that the font size used by anyone can be easily changed in
either NS or IE, so that those who need larger fonts can easily have them.
3. We've purchased several 19 inch monitors for public areas for same
reasons as the 17s, and find them well worth the money for selected situations.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165