timing software

Suzanne White whites at co.rowan.nc.us
Tue Aug 17 15:23:49 EDT 1999

For limiting time on public workstations, we use "Timewatcher" developed by
Philipp Hoffmann from Germany.  We really like the program so far.

Special features:  it "sits" on top of the desktop and it doesn't close the
applications, but instead puts up it's interface in front between
sessions--good if you want to let a user back in to where they were for more
time, perhaps not so good if previous user's session is still up when you
put the next user on.

It also uses a formula-generated password that you set, and that will change
each session.  Basically, it randomly puts 5 numbers up (different each
session), and you set up the formula (say, a sum of the first and third
numbers) for determining the "passnumber".  Pretty neat.  They are working
on  a remote administration function as well...

Here's the web site:

http://home.t-online.de/home/320050081509-0001/

Suzanne White
Information Services