[WEB4LIB] tools for creating subject specific search engine

Avi Rappoport avirr at lanminds.com
Fri Aug 6 02:00:40 EDT 1999

For free large search engines, it's hard to go wrong with ht://Dig.
I've seen posts from people with humongous indexes, in the 2 GB
range, and the speed still seems OK.  It's got a great group of
developers and is very much a successful open source effort.  For
more info, try <http://www.htdig.org/>.

For more info on available site, intranet and portal search engines,
see my pages at <http://www.searchtools.com/>.

Avi