InfoTrac and the Man with No Pants

Dan Ream dream at saturn.vcu.edu
Mon Aug 30 08:31:02 EDT 1999

A followup to my Friday posting about the pants-less man in INFOTRAC.

My apologies to those who don't have INFOTRAC, below is the citation text
and a temporary link to the photo.

This was the first match to my rap music and violen*   keyword search.
Most other INFOTRAC citations to that same issue opf Rolling Stone
magazine contain this same photo.

--Dan Ream
  Virginia Commonwealth University Library
  Richmond, Virginia

P.S. And to those who asked--no, I didn't notify INFOTRAC. I knew they'd
     surely kill it and it was just too much fun as it is/was. Analogies
     to the "let's dissect the alien" motif of 1950s sci-fi movies are
     welcome ;-)

Rolling Stone, May 13, 1999 i812 p28(2)
Q & A: Salman Rushdie. (infamous author)(Interview) David Fricke.

Abstract: Noted author Salman Rushdie was forced to live in exile
for nearly a decade after Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini issued a death
sentence against him for writing his book 'The Satanic Verses.'
Rushdie discusses his work with the band U2, his youth in England,
and his thoughts on violent lyrics in rap music.

http://saturn.vcu.edu/~dream/nopants.gif