Phonedisc Powerfinder Problem

Charles Gambrell cbgamb at acan.net
Tue Aug 3 16:41:35 EDT 1999

We have had a problem with running Phonedisc Powerfinder, and now have
found a solution.  I am wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar
problem.

We are workstations running NT 4.0 servicepack 3, and  servers running NT
4.0 servicepack 3.  We use system policy editor to secure public and staff
workstations.

Phonedisc Powerfinder is a six CD set.  All CD's are copied to one of the
servers and workstations run the program from the network.

All of our users run fine, except for one set.  The problem is that when
you try to highlight an entry, instead of changing the highlighted entry
from the original entry to the new entry, the original entry is
unhighlighted and ALL others are highlighted.

After much checking and determining what the problem was not, the problem
goes away when I change the color scheme of the desktop.  I was using
"Marine" which is identified as "high color."  Another "high color" scheme
also produces the same results, and other schemes work correctly.

Anyone seen anything similar?
Charles B. Gambrell
System Automation Assistant Manager

Mobile Public Library
701 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36602-1499
Voice: 334.208.7095
Fax: 334.208.7618
Pager: 334.582.2453
email: cbgamb at acan.net

Un-cap WinCE, and it becomes "wince"....