gnujake:authority update

Daniel Chudnov daniel.chudnov at yale.edu
Thu Apr 29 21:48:03 EDT 1999

Following much advice and thanks to the tremendous patience of several of
cataloging experts I'm lucky to know, I'm hacking out a simple
gnujake:authority model and have some _very_ basic scripts that facilitate
creating authority records and linking titlelist records to a title
authority record. If any of you gnujake:interested folks would be willing
to help hammer on it a bit and post your comments on the gnujake page (or
here, or to me), I would be most grateful.  Go to the third link below to
try it out.

Fyi gnujake is intended to improve how we manage online resources with a
particular initial focus on creating a union list (gnujake:union) of
titles indexed and available as fulltext in various places.  There are
currently 33 databases whose title lists are in gnujake:union, with over
130,000 records total.  It's an open source project, so you can use it,
help make it work, say bad things about it, whatever you want.

About the project:

  http://www.med.yale.edu/library/oss4lib/projects/gnujake.php3

The gnujake:union search form (with no authority linking):

  http://www.med.yale.edu/library/gnujake/search.html

The gnujake:authority form (the more specific purpose of this message):

  http://www.med.yale.edu/library/gnujake/auth.html

Several folks replied regarding the last gnujake post here, so I'm hoping
y'all will consider this and further updates to be within scope for
web4lib.  If not, let me know.

  Enjoy,

  -Dan

Daniel Chudnov