EDMS

Joyce Wong joycew at ola.bc.ca
Wed Apr 28 13:24:03 EDT 1999

Hello everyone,

Our organization is currently undergoing a plan to implement an electronic
document management system of which the library is playing a key role in
planning an effective storage and retrieval process.   I am hoping to find
some information from others who have had experience in the implementation
of EDMS.   The kinds of information I would like to find are:

What software(s) did you use ?
What process did you undergo to determine the metadata scheme, the
controlled vocabulary and the classification scheme to be used?
How has it affected workflow in your organization?
What role(s) did your library play?
What front end interface was used?

My apologies if these questions seem rather vague but I am very interested
in the do's and don't's that others have experienced.

You can reply to me directly at joycew at ola.bc.ca and I would be pleased to
post a summary on the listserv.

Thank you
Joyce Wong
Public Services Librarian/Library Web Manager
Open Learning Agency.  4355 Mathissi Place, Burnaby, B.C.  Canada V5G 4S8
Tel:  431-3261                  Email: joycew at ola.bc.ca
Fax: 431-3363