[WEB4LIB] IE4 required

David Vaughan dvaughan at wentworth.library.on.ca
Fri Apr 23 16:51:58 EDT 1999

Actually, Ameritech's Java WebPAC 1.1 runs fine in IE3.02, IE4.x, and
Netscape 3.x and 4.x up to 4.03.  It has problems with scrollbars and
screen displays in releases of Netscape higher than 4.03 and in IE5.  In
short, some people on the Dynix_l mailing list are complaining that
WebPAC is forcing their patrons and staff to downgrade their browsers
(or at least put off otherwise desirable upgrades).

Their earlier non-Java WebPAC (there are still quite a few around) will
run in any browser, but doesn't allow patrons to place holds, check
their records, renew items, etc. as the Java version does.

David

David S. Vaughan
Wentworth Libraries
Hamilton, ON, Canada