[WEB4LIB] Re: Problems with IE5

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Apr 23 16:06:13 EDT 1999

At 10:01 AM 4/23/99 -0700, Harry M. Kriz wrote:
>No problems here with IE5 under Windows 98 and Windows NT 4 running on
>several business and personal desktop and laptop machines from different
>manufacturers and local shops running a variety of graphics cards. IE5 is a
>must have upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

Agree completely.  We have IE5 on Win95 and Win98 boxes, many are Micron
Pentiums and PIIs, but others have AMD chips, celerons, etc.  Many
different graphics cards in them.  Some machines up to four years old,
others brand new out of the box (literally).

Just because a problem doesn't show up until something new is added doesn't
mean that the new thing IS the problem.  Something else could have been a
problem for a long time, but the particular conflict just never appeared
until a certain combination arrived.

Also, I believe that IE5 updates a number of shared DLLs, and it may be
that the OTHER apps can't handle the new DLLs.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165