[WEB4LIB] Re: Problems with IE5

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Apr 23 12:02:38 EDT 1999

Bill--

I'm sorry you're having problems with IE5, but you've been around long
enough to know that every major release of every major browser has
elicited similar reports.  It has never yet turned out to be fair to go on
a list and shout an unqualified warning that no one should install it.

The last few versions of IE have been strangely susceptible to video
driver problems, and they also depend on updated Windows components.  You
may want to check the websites of your laptop maker and
www.windowsupdate.com.  Also check the build number on IE5.  The most
recent one is 5.00.2314.1003.  I've heard that some sites were
distributing a slightly earlier build.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu