[WEB4LIB] Setting up a fake proxy server w/ Internet Explorer

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Apr 22 11:40:02 EDT 1999

Mary,

Since I've never done this on IE, I'm only throwing this out as an idea to
try with no idea whether it will work or not.

Try making the URLs as general as possible...use www.umi.com...without any
subdirectories.  This also holds true for using the fake proxy on Netscape
and helps eliminate a lot of problems.

Hopefully, someone has tried this on IE and can provide more guidance.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI