freeWAIS-sf anyone?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Apr 22 07:42:46 EDT 1999

> FreeWAIS-sf is a great indexer, especially if you want to index data
> other than HTML files. If you index data other than HTML files, and you
> want to provide access to your indexes via a Web browser, then you will
> need SFgate, a program acting as a go-between HTTP and WAIS:

Thanks to everyone who helped me with pointers to the current freeWAIS-sf
sources.

Eric hits the nail on the head when he points out that its strength is
indexing sources other than HTML; many newer search engines are easier to
configure and use, but proceed from the assumption that your sources are
all individual HTML files, whereas I'm indexing a single
paragraph-delimited text file.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu