Alta Vista's infallible logic

Dan Kelley dkelley at lclark.edu
Tue Apr 20 05:11:32 EDT 1999

An excerpt from http://www.altavista.com/av/content/paid_placement.html
discussing Alta Vista new payment for placement plan:

>"What is the benefit to the user of this new program?
>
>....Simply put, those companies willing to pay the most are highly >likely to have information relevant to the users' interests."

Jeez, why didn't anyone tell me this when I was in library school?

Dan Kelley			dkelley at lclark.edu
Reference Librarian		(503) 768-7287
Lewis & Clark College
Portland, Oregon

"We want libraries and we shall have them in glorious profusion
when capitalism is abolished and working men are no longer
robbed by the philanthropic pirates of the Carnegie class."

					Eugene Debs