[WEB4LIB] Re: Test page, please look and comment

Mike Nyerges nyerges at cheshire.roc.servtech.com
Sat Apr 17 00:13:14 EDT 1999

To drop down or not to drop? that is certainly one important question. It's tough
to get as much as possible on the first page and in the top fold and with the
organization that leads your patrons to the resources they're seeking.  For an
alternative, consider http://www.canandaigua.k12.ny.us/academy/library/ although
in turth, I am already planning some substantial changes.

I read an article recently, (InfoWorld?), about some high powered design experts
analyzing a major vendor's site (Apple?) who discovered that (gasp!) there were
some Web newbies who didn't know they could page down!

I'd be cautious, however, about mixing telnet resources and Web-based ones in the
same drop-down, which I found at http://www.indiana.edu/~libfind/.

Any research out there to help us produce more effective designs?  I'll check the
archives.

Michael Nyerges
http://www.canandaigua.k12.ny.us/academy/library/
(Home) mailto:nyerges at cheshire.roc.servtech.com