Chat Rooms and MOOs for *Scholarly* Communication

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Apr 16 12:55:01 EDT 1999

   I am interest in identifying any and all studies, reports,
articles, books, etc. that describe/evaluate the use and/or
value of Chat Rooms and/or MOOs in Scholarly Communication.
I have searched ERIC and Library Literature but do not find
citations to the use of Chat Rooms and/or MOOS among scholars
as an adjunct to e-mail or e-conferences (e.g., listservs)
as additional forms of  electronic scholarly communication. [I *do* find citations to their use in education]

   Thanks!

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

  "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                         Alan Kay