[WEB4LIB] Filtering activist claims libraries ignoring FOI requests

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Wed Apr 7 10:34:31 EDT 1999

>comply. As for the libraries that did comply, 216 reported no incidents and
>the remaining 89 reported a combined 450 incidents.

Mr. Burt, am I misreading this, is this insinuating that the 216 were
hiding something?  I know at my library, I would report no incidents
because that is the truth, there are no incidents to report. I did find
evidence of porn that a student worker had accessed on a staff computer
once, but that was not a public computer visible to the public nor was it
open to use by the public.

And it seems to me that only 29% of the libraries reporting an average of 5
incidents is not much of an epidemic.

Also, what is the criteria that determines what is an incident?

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University  <www.latech.edu/tech/library/>
javascript list administrator  <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript>