Web sites for library staff

Marshall Breeding Breeding at LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu
Wed Apr 7 10:29:47 EDT 1999

all,

I am interested in adding this information to my "Library Technology
Guides" web site. see:

  http://staffweb.library.vanderbilt.edu/breeding/ltg.html

I haven't announced this site before--its not quite complete.
but please take a look.

For the time being, i'll add any staffweb sites that i learn about
to a flat html page at:
  http://staffweb.library.vanderbilt.edu/breeding/staffwebs.html
i'll add any other staffweb sites posted to this list or sent to me
directly.

If the number grows large enough i'll turn this into a database such
as the lib-web-cats resource that i also maintain.  see:
  http://staffweb.library.vanderbilt.edu/breeding/libwebcats.html

hope that you find this to be useful.

-marshall breeding
> Date:          Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          Michael Engle <moe1 at cornell.edu>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
> Subject:       [WEB4LIB] Web sites for library staff

> Dear Web4Libers,
>
> I am a member of the committee beginning a review and redesign of the staff
> Web site for the Cornell University Library.  I am interested looking at
> staff Web sites in other large libraries.  We currently provide access to
> library policies pertaining to staff members; minutes of the multitude of
> library committees, training opportunities; various staff manuals; and the
> plans, papers, reports, and statistics generated by library staff.  The
> entire content is freely available on the Web to all comers at this time at
> http://www.library.cornell.edu/staffweb/ .
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1) Is there a Web site that has collected links to the staff Web pages of
> libraries?
>
> 2) What security arrangements or access restrictions do other libraries add
> to their staff Web sites and why?  (We have no sensitive personnel
> information on our site.)
>
> 3) If there is no Web site with links to other library staff Web sites,
> may I get access to yours?
>
> Feel free to direct your responses to me off list, if you prefer, and I
> will summarize them for group consumption.
>
> TIA,
>
> Michael
>

> *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
> Michael O. Engle                moe1 at cornell.edu
> Electronic Text Librarian
> 106A1 Olin Library
> Cornell University
> Ithaca, NY  14853
> (607) 255-1884        http://www.library.cornell.edu/okuref/cet/

Marshall Breeding
Library Technology Analyst
Vanderbilt University
419 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN  37240
Phone: (615) 343-6094 Fax (615) 343-8834
http://staffweb.library.vanderbilt.edu/breeding
breeding at library.vanderbilt.edu