[WEB4LIB] RE: Web sites for library staff

Susan Rabe rabe at crlmail.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 7 09:22:36 EDT 1999

One comment on staff manual elements such as ILL request forms...  It would
be helpful for others doing the same thing if we could actually look at the
form.  In others words, could you insert your IP verification after the
display of the form not before?  I know this would add another step to the
submission process but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

At 02:31 PM 4/6/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Staff listings for Rensselaer Libraries:
><http://www.rpi.edu/dept/library/html/AdminSvcs/staff.html>
>
>In order to enhance the content found here, last summer we contemplated the
>development of a staff template so everyone could have their own page with
>professional details (in addition to links to any other personal pages).
>However, an entire site redesign took precedence.  These publicly available
>pages should be much different before this summer's over.
>
>Please keep us updated on your project's progress, Michael.
>
>Cheers,
>-kb
>

>At 02:01 PM 4/6/99 -0700, George J. Janczyn wrote:
>>Michael [et al.],
>>
>>I've searched many times unsuccessfully for collections of links to library
>>staff web sites or intranets.  I hope your message will help to bring out
>>the hidden web presence of library staff at more libraries.
>>
>>I recently polled the libraries at the campuses of the University of
>>California System in order to cobble together a page of links to UC library
>>technical services staff web pages.  The results of that effort are here:
>>http://tpot.ucsd.edu/uctechservpages.html
>>
>>Regards,

>>George J. Janczyn
>>Technical Services Automated Systems Manager
>>Geisel Library, University of California, San Diego
>>9500 Gilman Drive DEPT 0175K, La Jolla, CA 92093
>>619-534-1282  gjanczyn at ucsd.edu  http://tpot.ucsd.edu/

Susan M. Rabe
Special Projects Coordinator
Center for Research Libraries