[WEB4LIB] Database in Unix OS

sean dreilinger sean at savvysearch.com
Fri Apr 30 19:27:39 EDT 1999

skelsey at lsu.edu wrote:
> Concisely, I would like one file that lists all our databases, with a "yes"
> or "no" value for each discipline.  Then, one could click on psychology,
> for example, run an SQL query, and get a list of all the databases that has
> "yes" for psychology, and I would only have to maintain one file.

PHP - http://www.php.net/

php is happy to run as an apache module and makes a simple
database/query like this a snap. also very easy to create web pages
dynamically generated from sql database content using just a few lines
of php. php has modules to talk to a wide variety of sql databases and
other interesting net services - ldap, imap, snmp, etc.

good luck!

--
mailto:sean at savvysearch.com                sean dreilinger, mlis
 http://www.savvysearch.com                http://durak.org/sean