[WEB4LIB] Which is appropriate .htm or .html?

David Vaughan dvaughan at wentworth.library.on.ca
Wed Apr 21 14:26:12 EDT 1999

As others have already said, either is okay as long as your server is
happy.  However, I recall finding while designing our website that some
browsers (I think it was IE4.x) were not highlighting followed links
correctly with one of these extensions (.html probably, since I see that
my site is standardized on .htm).  We are using IIS4.0 as our server.
This may, however, be an MS problem rather than a general issue.

David

David S. Vaughan
Wentworth Libraries
Hamilton, ON, Canada